Saturday, November 24, 2012

First day of Stims

Just finished stabbing myself in the stomach 3 times.  Sounds like fun, huh?  No, ah come on.  It wasn't that bad.  Actually called my dad and talked to him for two of them.  He was like, "just do it already, 1,2 stick".  So softly supportive, NOT  :)  Thank goodness though.  Sometimes you just need the "man up" pep talk.  Before I called him, was listening to some slow Christian music.  Now, I'm not saying it wasn't good, but I'm already weepy, and it was not making me smile, if you know what I mean.  The two new drugs, burned a little.  Nothing like fire in my belly, but they were definitely a little more.  I'm a little anxious sitting here, waiting for my body to do strange stuff.  It probably won't, and it will have all been in my mind, which is great.

The needles are all small, but it is just a weird thing, to self inject.  The middle, is a really cool contraption, but the first time you use anything, it can be a little daunting.  But I made it.  Yay

Before I mixed my vials and got the shots ready, I made myself a cheese, fruit and cracker tray.  Bought three new cheeses and am really happy.  One of them tastes like caramel.  It pairs well with celery.  And because I was a nervous wreck about the shots, I made my plate with love.
Don't forget to love yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment