Friday, December 07, 2012

Bringing you up to speed.

Oh my gosh, time is going so slowly.  Had my surgery Wednesday morning.  I woke up asking how many eggs.  They harvested 6 eggs, but they didn't know any more than that.  So back home I go.  Wednesday evening took forever, and of course I started my next round of shots.  Progesterone in oil, in the buttocks or hip area.  22 ga needle 1 1/2 in length.  So far my friend Erin has given me the shots, and she is wonderful.  I've only almost passed out once.  That's pretty good.  Pretty sure, that it was anxiety and the left over meds from the surgery on Wednesday.

So, wake up Thursday.  Morning time goes by at a snails pace.  My brain wouldn't work, watching TV was driving me crazy, couldn't relax.  The Lortab were not working, and I was just mush.  Finally, I start to relax around 2, when the phone rings.  I look over and see the Doctor's number.  My heart stops for a second, and I hold my breath.  She says hi and asks how I am.  Come on already, no small talk, just give it to me (that's what I was thinking) but what I said was, I'm great, how are you?  So, she tells me they harvested 6 eggs, 4 were mature and 2 were immature and 3 of them fertilized.  I started shaking, and the tears rushed to my eyes.  My voice quivered as I wanted to know more, but there was nothing else for her to say.  She said it was good.  Just hold tight, and they'll call me on Friday.

It's Friday...... I woke up at 4 am.  Did laundry, dishes, read the paper, watched about 6 episodes of Family Feud.  This day is dragging by.  I'm listening to music, I'm thinking of everything but my possible children in OKC, sitting in a Petri Dish.

I've prayed, cried, prayed some more.  My friends are praying, there might even be a few of my atheist friends who have prayed.  I can feel it :)

So, you know as much as me at this point.  I hope to have some more news soon.  And Good news at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment