Wednesday, July 01, 2015

California Sunshine

What a trip I had.  Why did it take me so long to visit that part of California?  I loved Southern California for the laid back vibe and sunshine, but Napa was a completely different monster.  Let me just say trees and more trees.  It was so peaceful and gorgeous.  Each day I woke up and stayed in bed just looking out the windows staring at the trees.  The drive from where I was staying into downtown Napa was scenic and breathtaking.

My first full day there, I drove through the winding roads up to Occidental California.  This town was a fairy tale.  Did a little zip lining through the redwoods.  Magical

My second day there, I was able to spend time with my long time friend Aaron.  He's now married and has four beautiful children.  When I first laid eyes on him after 25 years, my heart swelled and I almost broke out into a run to hug him.  You see, in Junior High, he was my very best guy friend.  I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him standing there.  He grabbed me in a big hug and held me in an embrace.  It was so comforting.  Meeting his wife and children made me so happy.  His family is beautiful and loving.  We went for a walk and talked about old times.  I showed him pictures of everyone.  His kids pointed out the wild carrots and took me on a tour of their garden. They showed me their chickens and the bunny.  His wife made a fantastic dinner and we all had dinner together.  It was a great night.  I cried a little as I pulled away, especially when his kids ran out to the street and were waving goodbye to me.  It was a special night for me.

The whole trip was special, and I'll upload videos and pictures soon.  So I'll talk about the first day of Bottle Rock Napa, it was life changing in a way for me.  Most of you have read about my struggles with fertility and have followed my tries for the babies.  You've read about my funny yet disastrous dating life.  On Friday afternoon, standing in the sea of people, The Mowgli's started singing this song.  I started jumping up and down and singing at the top of my lungs... "Trying to figure out who I am or who I am supposed to be.  I feel good about where I stand so I can make the most of me...... I'm good.  Living life just like I should.  Wouldn't change it if I could.  I'm Good".....

I let it all go. The hurt, the regret...I let all the pain go singing the words. I recognized in that moment,  all of those things had led me to be standing in the middle of a beautiful California afternoon, surrounded by lovers of music, singing their own versions of the same song.  Better than that, it was all true.  I'm Good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment