Sunday, October 28, 2012

Come on November!

I'm about to get in the kitchen, and finish decorating the last of the Breast Cancer Awareness cookies.  When I'm finished, they will have consumed over 100 dozen cookies this month.  And I was even out of town for one week.  That's 100 dozen in 3 weeks.  I love making them, but I'm also ready for a break!!

I started a juicing and raw vegetable fast on Wednesday, and let me tell you.  I'm hungry! :)  Not that bad, but baking makes me crave bad food.  I feel energized and a little more calm.  Eating healthy, and knowing  you are giving your body what it needs, makes you you feel better each day.  I'm not saying, that I'm not looking forward to Wednesday, when I start introducing foods back into my diet.  Yesterday was a day that I cheated, but there is a good reason.  I did a CrossFit workout, that had me completely depleted.  I'll try to explain what it was, without confusing you.  We were in teams of 4, consisting of two guys and two girls.  To start, myself and other guy started with 20 front squats, holding a bar.  I think mine weighed 25lbs.
Right into 20 jumping lunges
Followed by 20 push presses
And then 20 sit-ups
Now you would think we would be done.  NOPE  While we catch our breath, our partners are doing 20 ground to overhead with weights each.
After they finish, we start back with the front squats, and go through the whole cycle.  We did it a total of 5 times, which equaled 100 of each exercise.  When we finished, we switched places and we finished the workout, by doing the ground to overhead with plates.  Let's just say, the 4 stairs to get out of the building, were a feat themselves.

It was a tough workout, but I'm hooked.  It's a mental game as well.  Pushing yourself past your comfort zone.  I'm going to do this for the next 3 weeks in preparation for the IVF, which will hopefully start on the 24th of November.

I challenge each of you, to try something new.  It is such a wonderful feeling to get out there, and experience something completely different.



No comments:

Post a Comment