Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Small Bump


I've heard this song a million times, since I bought the album.  It has so much more meaning for me now.

Today confirmed that your heart quit beating.  I knew it was coming, but it still did not lesson the blow.  There was still hope buried deep inside me, that you would surprise us all.  I know that it was not meant to be, and you were needed somewhere else.  I want to thank you for the couple of months I had with you.  You changed my life, even if I only knew you a short time.  I was making plans for us, for you really.  Thinking about the sports or dance lessons you'd take.  Thinking how much smarter than me, you were going to be.  I wondered if your eyes would be blue like mine, or if you would take after your dad.  I was imagining what it would be like, to hold you for the first time.  I tried to imagine, what your cry would sound like.  I wanted to see my parents hold you, and imagine that's what it looked like, when they held me.  I will miss you like crazy.  I love you

13 comments:

  1. Weeping. That is beautiful. You are beautiful. My heart breaks for you. You know you always have a friend in me. I'm here for you 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl....beautifully put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you!! What beautiful words you wrote. I am here whenever you need me.
    Love ya, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starr, I am sooo sorry. You will be a beautiful mother someday soon. This brought tears to my eyes and an ache in my heart for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is weeping for you Starr. My prayers are with you. I love you and I want you to love to the hills. God is getting ready to bless uou beyond measure. Peace be still

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry Starr....

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart aches for you, Starr. Peace and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This story ends here...right here...another one begins...another chance...another hope. Mother's are special people..you are special because you are a mother...I love you and my words feel useless and not enough. Maybe it is because I have a child, a beautiful girl, a strong girl with a great head on her shoulders. She is my first born, my joy and now, my pain. I love you darling...I love you like no other in the world. Know this...the pain is no less right now but, you know how to love and express it quite well...better than your mother could ever dream of expressing it. You are MY hope for the coming years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Starr you are going to be one amazing mother! There are no words that can make this easier. Sending lots and lots of love and comfort to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently discovered this song. I love this singer. When I first heard it last week...my thoughts immediately went to you. But please know that I have not lost any hope...I've had a dream about this and I'm certain it was for you. there is someone waiting for you to raise them, to love them and to be that mother you were always meant to be. A little girl who needs you more than you need her. She's out there...I know it. Love you...Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you, my sweet and beautiful friend. I wish I could take away even an ounce of your pain. Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. In tears here....thoughts and prayers.....Steve

    ReplyDelete