Monday, November 10, 2014

Mammogram

Had my mammogram on the 1st of October.  Not only is it the time of year for me, but especially with the upcoming IVF, scheduled to begin on October 16th.  On the 3rd they called and said I needed to come back for an ultrasound.  My left breast was showing some changes.  We aren't too worried because I have started birth control, and hormones do strange things to your body.  I went this morning and had my US.  I'm a little nervous.  I'm staring at my phone willing them to call me with the results.  Patience Patience

I'm ten days out from the beginning of the drug protocol.  I've started reading up on IVF again.  Trying to read all the positive stories and keep myself calm.  It is a very weird experience to be truly doing this on my own.  Last time, I talked to a million people and posted a blog quite often.  People sent me messages and kept up with the process.  I'm much calmer this go around.  I know what to expect in a sense.  Hopefully my body responds to the medications the same way.  I had very few side effects last time and hope that stays the same.  My belly will swell and turn all different colors of the rainbow, there is no way around that.  Having more active follicles this time makes me a little nervous.  It would seem there might be more swelling and the possibility of over stimulation.

I've also started a cleaning binge.  Pre-nesting I suppose.  I'm preparing for this to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment